Installing WhatsApp on iPad or iPod touch would call for jailbreaking your device which is quite risky. Since there is no official version of WhatsApp for both these devices, there is a sense of annoyance in users, who cannot access this amazing free messaging and calling app on their iOS devices. However, every cloud has a silver lining and in this article, we will go about, downloading and installing WhatsApp for both these Apple devices, without having to jailbreak them. It is slightly fiddly as compared simply downloading the app from the store, but at least you will be able to access the application. So let us get started.
Here is a step by step guide by means of which you will be able to download WhatsApp on your iPad and iPod touch quite easily:
- If your device is not jailbroken, then it will not be possible for you to install this application directly on your iPad or iPod touch. However, in non-jail broken devices you will require the file of this application, which is why you have to download it on your personal computer or Mac laptop.
- You will have to go to iTunes, then search for WhatsApp, you will notice, that the app is available only for iPhones and not for the tablet devices but there is nothing to worry. Just download it on your computer and save the file.
- Next on your computer you will have to open the finder after which, go to the music folder, or wherever the downloaded files are saved. By clicking on mobile applications, you will witness the mobile .ipa files which have been installed in your PC.
- Find the WhatsApp .ipa file and drag it to the desktop.
- Now the real work begins, you will have to connect the iPod touch or iPad to your computer and use iFunbox for initiating the rest of the processes.
- After downloading iFunbox, which is a free program, install, WhatsApp on your computer. Be sure to have a 3G or Wi-Fi connection to speed up the process.
- Next take your or your friend’s iPhone and install the latest version of Whatsapp on it. With that done, register on the app using the same number by which you will use WhatsApp on your iPad or iPod touch.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your mobile phone, then the app will start functioning.
- In the next step you will have to unplug your iPad from your computer and plug-in the iPhone instead.
- Now you will have to go to iFunbox, then go to user applications, and copy the documents and library folder to the desktop.
- Now on the iPad, load the registration data, and unplug the iPhone phone and re-plug the iPad or iPod touch. In the fun box, click on to user’s application iPad’s entry and replace the document and library folders in here with the ones on the desktop.
- The tough part is over. Now all you have to do is start using WhatsApp on your iPad or iPod touch. There may be a few glitches here and there, but there should not be a big problem if you take care to follow all the steps correctly.
There are a few steps to this process, but if you want something which is difficult to achieve yet attainable, you will have to try slightly harder. The same can be said about WhatsApp for iPad or iPod touch. So now that you know how to go about the process, try it right away.