I’m never, ever at cool shit like this, man. I’m tired of this shit happening without me.
The surviving members of Nirvana played a surprise concert at Saint Vitus, a metal bar in Brooklyn I frequent frequently, following the band’s induction last night into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
Reports claim only 250 “close friends and insiders of the band were invited” to this super-secret show, which saw Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear perform a full set of Nirvana tunes.
The concert started at 2 a.m., with Rock Hall performers Joan Jett, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, and Annie Clark (a.k.a. St. Vincent) once again joining the band on stage.
Also appearing with the group were Deer Tick’s John McCauley and Dinosaur Jr.’s J. Mascis.
By the way, Dinosaur Jr. is one of those bands you should check out if you haven’t.
1. Smells Like Teen Spirit (with Joan Jett)
2. Breed (with Joan Jett)
3. In Bloom (with Joan Jett)
4. Territorial Pissings (with Joan Jett)
5. All Apologies (with Joan Jett; Krist Novoselic played accordion)
6. Drain You (with J Mascis)
7. Pennyroyal Tea (with J. Mascis)
8. School (with J. Mascis)
9. Lithium (with St. Vincent)
10. About a Girl (with St. Vincent)
11. Heart-Shaped Box (with St. Vincent)
12. Serve the Servants (with John McCauley)
13. Milk It (with John McCauley)
14. Very Ape (with John McCauley)
15. Scentless Apprentice (with John McCauley)
16. Tourette’s (with John McCauley)
17. Aneurysm (with Kim Gordon)
18. Negative Creep (with Kim Gordon)
19. Moist Vagina (with Kim Gordon)
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.