Just in time for the holidays, and apocalypse, my Top 10 albums of 2012!
It was pretty hard to narrow it down to 10 because of the sheer volume of great albums that dropped this year. Honorable mentions include Meshuggah, Vision Of Disorder, Devin Townsend, Fear Factory and God Forbid.
Keeping it short, sweet and to the point. Let’s get to it.
10. Plains Of Oblivion — Jeff Loomis; Guitar God playing guitar in a god like fashion. Didn’t place higher because Zero Order Phase was better.
9. Apocryphon — The Sword; Solid tracks, catchy as fuck and harkens back, although a tad, to Age Of Winters.
8. Koi No Yokan — Deftones; Music to bang to. I’m surprised Chino doesn’t have thousands of sexually transmitted diseases by now. He makes Barry White weep.
7. Down IV Part 1 – The Purple EP — Down; Back to the basics. This is Down. No Rex Brown but still awesome. Gotta love Phil and Pepper.
6. L’Enfant Sauvage — Gojira; Deep and dark. The Duplantier brothers are at the top of their game.
5. Dethalbum III — Dethklok; Brendon Small ejaculates enough fire to make this the highest Billboard charting Death Metal album ever. Gene Hoglan FTW!
4. Book Burner — Pig Destroyer; The album that made me love Grindcore. 32:28 of pure chaos… and I love me some chaos.
3. Monolith — Sylosis; A game changer. Josh Middleton basically wrote every great Metallica riff that Metallica never wrote. Chris Adler approved!
2. Dark Roots Of Earth — Testament; Countless awards won with this keeper. Testament’s back and in a big way. Did I mention how awesome Gene Hoglan is?
1. A War You Cannot Win — All That Remains; Hahahaha. You thought I was serious! This album doesn’t even deserve to wipe my ass.
The Real Number 1. Resolution — Lamb Of God; What can I say that hasn’t already been said? I dare you to listen to Desolation and say it’s not pure fucking metal!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.