This is kind of cool. Something you could probably listen to with the girlfriend.
Sumerian Records will release a Florence and the Machine tribute album on May 13, called Sumerian Ceremonials: Florence + The Sphinx.
Says label prez Ash Avildsen:
“To me, Ceremonials by Florence + The Machine is one of the most timeless records to come out in years. The distinctive vocals and melodies, the orchestration and instrumentation, the production, the mood and the lyrics have made me enamored with the album.
“It is also one of the heaviest records in years to me… not in the sense of metal and aggressive vocals/guitars/drums, but in how the songs make you feel. The emotional conviction that Florence Welch gives in her delivery combined with the brilliance of Isabella ‘Machine’ Summers and the production of Paul Epworth has made for one of my favorite albums of all time. I wanted to give Sumerian bands the platform to re-invent these songs and to hopefully bring great music to new ears all over the world who may have otherwise never experienced this album.
“We made an exception and included one older song from Florence’s previous record Lungs, which Stick To Your Guns did an incredible job with. I hope you enjoy Sumerian Ceremonials and the original Ceremonials as much as I have. Thank you for taking the time to check it out.”
Here’s the track listing:
1. Periphery: “Only If For A Night”
2. Stick To Your Guns: “Dog Days Are Over”
3. Ben Bruce: “Shake It Out”
4. Darkest Hour: “Spectrum”
5. Miss Fortune: “No Light, No Light”
6. Fever Dreamer: “Leave My Body”
7. Born of Osiris: “Seven Devils”
8. Come The Dawn: “What The Water Gave Me”
9. Upon A Burning Body: “Lover To Lover”
10. Mike Semesky: “Hearlines”
11. Dead Letter Circus: “Remain Nameless”
12. City In The Sea: “All This And Heaven Too”
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.