That’s right, fuckwads. Get excited.
The Locust — on July 31 — will release Molecular Genetics From the Gold Standard Labs through Anti-Records.
The disc features 44 tracks of hard-to-find and out-of-print material from the early years of the legendary band.
The Locust, who hail from San Diego, have specialized in speedy, grindy, aggro-mathcore and over the years, the band’s membership has proved a veritable “Who’s Who” of punk royalty.
Joseph Karam also plays with One Day As A Lion while Justin Pearson was in an awesome band Some Girls, All Leather and played on the recent Retox album with Gabe Serbian.
Cattle Decapitation’s David Astor also spent time as a member of the band. Molecular Genetics From the Gold Standard Labs collects, for the first time, all of the band’s pre-Epitaph recordings.
Here is the album’s track listing:
1. How to Become a Virgin
2. Who Wants a Dose of the Clap?
3. Twenty-Three Lubed-Up Schizophrenics With Delusions of Grandeur
4. Priest With the Sexually Transmitted Diseases Get Out of My Bed
5. The Half-Eaten Sausage Would Like to See You in His Office
6. Perils of Believing in Round Squares
7. Flash’s Theme
8. Gluing Carpet to Your Genitals Does Not Make You a Cantaloupe
9. Turning Your Merchandise Into a Ripped Wall of Mini-Abs
10. Bring Your 6.5 Italian
11. Alas, Here Come the Hypochondriacs to Wait With You in the Lobby
12. Siphoning Projectiles During Selective Amnesia
13. Flight of the Wounded Locust
14. Get Off the Cross, the Wood Is Needed
15. Wet Nurse Syndrome Hand-Me-Down Display Case
16. This Is Radio Surgery
17. Spitting in the Faces of Fools as a Source of Nutrition
18. Sever the Toes
19. Well I’ll Be a Monkey’s Uncle
20. Moth-Eaten Deer Head
21. Brand New Set of Teeth
22. How to Build a Pessimistic Lie Detector
23. Nice Tranquil Thumb in Mouth
24. Dog Without a Collar (Run over Red Rover)
25. Normal Run of the Muck (Compensation for Conversation)
26. Stucco Obelisks Labeled as Trees
27. Straight from the Horse’s Mouth
28. An Extra Piece of Dead Meat
29. Twenty-Three Full-Time Cowboys
30. Backbones of Jack Asses
31. Fixed Companionship, Ghost Town Irrationality
32. Skin Graft at Seventy-Five Miles Per Hour
33. High-Maintenance Libido, Bring the Whole Family
34. Halfway to a Worthless Ideal Arrangement (An Interlude to a Discontinued Sarcastic Harmony… Yea Whatever)
35. Kill Roger Hedgecock
36. Hairspray Suppository
37. Cattle Mutilation
38. Prepare to Qualify
39. Pain Reliever
40. Off by a Long Shot
42. Head Hits Concrete
43. Ass Gravity
44. Keep Off the Tracks
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.