The Sims is an immensely popular life simulation game and Sims 4 was released as an upgrade to Sims 3 that was released in 2009. Sims allows players to create virtual characters who live their lives in thee Sims world and guided by Sims 3 characteristics, Sims 4 has also made a number of expansion packs available to the gamers. An expansion pack can be seen as an addition that is released after the game to supplement the game’s features.
These expansion packs include pets and world ambitions and their main purpose is to increase the number of available options for a players simulated Sims universe as well as to improve the overall gaming experience for a player.
Some time after the release of Sims 4 Electronic Arts (EA) games run a survey amongst the games players to get their opinion on potential game expansion packs. This is mostly seen as a publicity move by EA to let the fans know that the games they build are all about the fans. Another theory is that the Sims 4 had very limited content in its original release and it was therefore necessary to develop additional content for the gamers.
Some of the first expansion packs for Sims 4 included star wars themed costumes, halloween costumes among others. The survey carried out by EA was aimed at asking the fans what expansion packs they would like to see in the game.
The expansion packs featured in this survey included:
- Fame and Fortune: An expansion pack that can turn a character into a celebrity such as an actor, singer, dancer, etc as well as enable the player to manage such an image.
- Supernatural: A player can create supernatural entities such as ghosts, and vampires, and these entities can even hunt and affect other Sims 4 characters.
- Active Careers: A Sims 4 character can develop an active career that is fully interactive in the Sims universe, as well as management of the characters’ careers. Example careers include a doctor, an inventor, a scientist and many more.
- Business Owner: A Sims character can develop and operate a business and run as many businesses as they desire but the trick is that they would have to manage all of these businesses.
- Town Life: This is an expansion pack that allows a character to control his/her neighborhood or alternatively move to a different neighborhood, and maybe even become major of a town.
All these were just part of the expansion packs survey and actual release dates are yet to be announced. EA games also hinted at having more expansion packs that the ideas that were in the survey and so fans will just have to wait and see which expansions packs will be available to the Sims 4 universe.
There are rumors that the first Sims 4 expansion pack will have aliens which have also featured in the last two versions of the game. Sims 4 is likely to have more character options in its expansion packs and EA games confirmed that it will include swimming pools due to public demand. Fans can only wait for release dates for these awesome Sims 4 expansion packs.